Welcome!

Hello readers! I'm Leighanne - a twenty-something scientist (and newlywed!) searching for a way to express my creative side. Welcome to my blog, Potions & Poppy Seeds! Here, you'll find everything from new recipes, to DIYs for the home, to my experiences in wedding planning, and my never-ending attempts at creating fabulous things. Enjoy!

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes

Potatoes are a versatile food; they're delicious fried, mashed, baked, plain, covered in cheese, covered in bacon, covered in sour cream, covered in butter (although to be fair, what ISN'T delicious when covered in cheese, bacon, and/or butter). Basically, they're delicious in any way, shape, or form. Potatoes are a staple food in this household.

I found this recipe for a Crockpot version of scalloped potatoes and immediately had to try it. The original recipe can be found here. This recipe (as do most Crockpot dishes) serves 10-12 people. It's a great dish to prepare when you're having a party!

Ingredients:
  • 2 lbs red potatoes (I peeled half of them, and left the skins on the other half)
  • 1 cup sour cream (I used light)
  • 1 can cream of potato soup
  • 1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • paprika (optional)
  • 3 Tbs chopped chives (optional)
How to:
  • Thinly slice potatoes and place in a large bowl.
  • In a separate bowl, mix together sour cream, soup, and Worcestershire sauce.
  • Combine potatoes and mixture and mix until potatoes are evenly coated.
  • Spray Crockpot with cooking spray.
  • Add 1/2 of the potatoes to the Crockpot. Top with 3/4 cup cheddar.
  • Repeat layers. 
  • Cover and cook on high (3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours) or on low (7 to 8 hours).
  • Serve topped with paprika and chives, if desired.
I seriously can't stop eating these. They're so good! The next time I make these, I think I'll leave the skin on all the potatoes. They give this side dish a really nice texture. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment