Welcome!

Hello readers! I'm Leighanne - a twenty-something scientist (and newlywed!) searching for a way to express my creative side. Welcome to my blog, Potions & Poppy Seeds! Here, you'll find everything from new recipes, to DIYs for the home, to my experiences in wedding planning, and my never-ending attempts at creating fabulous things. Enjoy!

Monday, October 22, 2012

Chicken Noodle Soup


Jake is my toughest critic when it comes to the food I make. I used to think he was a picky eater, but now I realize he just likes food that tastes good. Simple as that. The first time I made this recipe, Jake had nothing but praise for me. I knew it was a keeper.


I probably make this dish at least once every 2 months. The ingredients are simple, and the end product has all of the classic Chicken Noodle Soup components. Unfortunately, I don't remember where I initially came across this recipe, but I promise if you follow my steps, you won't be disappointed!

Ingredients:
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • 2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
  • garlic salt
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 4 cups chicken broth
  • 2 cups water
  • 3 medium carrots, diced
  • 2 cups broccoli florets
  • 1 1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
  • 1 tsp dried basil 
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
How to:
  • Heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken to pan and season with garlic salt (season to your liking - I generally use ~1 tsp).
  • Cook chicken 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink.
  • Add onion and cook an additional 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender.
  • In pot, combine chicken broth, water, chicken, onions, and carrots. Heat to boiling, and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
  • Stir in broccoli, egg noodles, basil, garlic powder, and black pepper. Heat to boiling.
  • Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables and noodles are tender.
I love my Chicken Noodle Soup with lots of noodles. Even though you might be tempted to add more, I assure you - you don't need to! I'm interested to know what you readers love in your soup. Leave me some comments, and I hope you enjoy this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment