Welcome!

Hello readers! I'm Leighanne - a twenty-something scientist (and newlywed!) searching for a way to express my creative side. Welcome to my blog, Potions & Poppy Seeds! Here, you'll find everything from new recipes, to DIYs for the home, to my experiences in wedding planning, and my never-ending attempts at creating fabulous things. Enjoy!

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Sweet and Sour Dipping Sauce

Looking for a quick and easy dipping sauce? Look no further - this recipe takes all of 5 minutes to prepare, and it's delicious. I usually throw it together when I prepare my Crab Wontons, but you can use this Sweet and Sour Dipping sauce for anything from chicken nuggets to french fries!

Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup rice vinegar (or white vinegar)
  • 4 Tbsp packed brown sugar
  • 1 Tbsp ketchup
  • 1 tsp soy sauce
  • 2 tsp cornstarch mixed with 4 tsp water
How to:
  • Combine vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup, and soy sauce in a small saucepan.
  • Heat to a boil.
  • Add cornstarch/water mixture while stirring. 
And that's all there is to it! The original recipe can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment