Welcome!

Hello readers! I'm Leighanne - a twenty-something scientist (and newlywed!) searching for a way to express my creative side. Welcome to my blog, Potions & Poppy Seeds! Here, you'll find everything from new recipes, to DIYs for the home, to my experiences in wedding planning, and my never-ending attempts at creating fabulous things. Enjoy!

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Bourbon Whiskey Meatballs

I feel like any good party requires meatballs in some way, shape, or form. Am I right? This recipe is SO fast and super simple. Even better - odds are you already have the ingredients required for this sauce in your kitchen.

This sauce is delicious. If you're planning on having a lot of people over, I suggest doubling the recipe - you want plenty of sauce to cover all your meatballs!

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb of your favorite meatballs (I used frozen)
  • 1/2 cup ketchup (heaping)
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup bourbon whiskey
  • 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
  • 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
How to:
  • Combine all ingredients except the meatballs in a medium bowl and mix thoroughly.
  • *Place meatballs into a crockpot.
  • Pour sauce over meatballs and mix so the meatballs are coated.
  • Cover, turn crockpot to high, and cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
  • Turn to low once meatballs have thawed a little and cook for another hour or so.
  • Turn down to warm, taking care not to burn your sauce.
*You can also do this on the stovetop - you don't really need a crockpot!

These are SO good! If you don't like frozen meatballs, try your own recipe with this sauce. Or you could try my recipe for Turkey Meatballs with Sun-Dried Tomatoes

The original recipe can be found here.

1 comment: